Tuesday 21 April 2015

Morals

I don't know if everyone feels this. I don't know if people have the need to be...more like I need to. It's hard to explain exactly but I feel like just believing in something isn't enough. Sure you can tell yourself that your a feminist, not racist, pro equality and everything else you think you should be to be a good person but I feel like having those morals isn't enough. I want to make a difference, I want to really fight for what I believe in because I truly believe that without morals then what do you have? What is humanity without your ideologies? And when I die what will I be remembered for? You may notice that even if you hate someone normally sympathy will take over if they die and you will end up saying how nice that person was so this leads me to believe that being remembered as nice, a good person or someone who lived a 'happy life' isn't really being remembered at all. When I say I want to make a difference I don't mean to the world, though that is the general goal it's a little unrealistic, I would be happy to make a difference to those who know me, to be remembered as that girl who believed in things so strongly that it changed things.  My whole family are realists. They see the world for what it is and accept that big changes aren't possible, they criticize me for my idealistic ideology and consider it child's play but like I said, I can't shake the need to be more. Maybe they're right, maybe I ought to be more pragmatic but for now I will continue to assess people, and myself, on their morals, I will strive to become the person I believe I should be and I will enjoy being 100% an idealist.    

No comments:

Post a Comment